I guess that DNB is just a credit history/reporting database but as an almost entirely reputation based business their practices would be above reproach.However, reviewing a recent business AMEX bill I noticed two DNB charges, one in June, 2017 and another in Sept, 2017 each for about $530.

I called and they said they were automatic annual renewals of credit report 10-packs. The rep on the phone said we've been being billed for these since 2011. He also said the 10-packs are use-it-or-lose in each year and automatically renew ... neither of which were made clear at the time of purchase.

My company rarely does 10 credit checks in one year (we average about 7/year). Apparently, 5 or 6 years ago I did go through the 10 before the year was up and called DNB. They said sure, they could re-up the 10-pack. The problem is, what they did was create a second 10-pack subscription.

So every year since they have been auto-renewing both subscription.

Shame on DNB for not clearly explaining the full deal at time of purchase.Shame on me for not reviewing my cc charges in a careful/timely manner.

Review about: Dun And Bradstreet Credit Report.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Availability of credit reports on most companies.

I didn't like: Tricky subscription service programs, Constantly changing website urls.

Had an Experience with Dun And Bradstreet?

Comments